Monday, May 18, 2015

The Inner Voice Speaks!

I asked myself once
Who am I?
The rich or poor?
I heard someone say no
The dumb or the smart one?
No the voice said again
The awkward or the beauty?
The obscure or the famous?
The generous or the miserly
The voice: No neither these too
Am I the fair one or the dark complexioned?
The lean or the obese
Do these define me,I kept asking
The voice: No they do not define you
Who is this replying to my queries? I thought
Here and there I searched everywhere but to no avail
Days passed, time flew
Still I couldn't recognize who had spoken
While sitting silently one day however
I heard a firm yet silent voice ,my inner voice,say
None of the above are you
You are the soul,the eternal essence
The self that transmigrates through everyone
The only existing entity
The ultimate Truth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment